Sunday 12 October 2014

Palauan Comfort Food

Just the other day I was browsing youtube videos looking at clips about different baclava recipes.  I saw many different ways this delicious dessert is made and all from scratch mind you.   Then I thought maybe someone from Palau has posted a recipe of my favorite dessert on Youtube.   I began my search for Palauan Recipes that I consider comfort food.   To my amazement,  I found nothing.   Now,  comfort food for anyone varries depending on individual. But still,  what I consider comfort food I thought was as generic as rice is to every household in Palau, "AHO. "  

Anyway, this dish, among many others that I had the privilege of learning how to make was my grandmother's favorite.  She made sure I executed this recipe to specifications.  Although she has since passed away in the early 90's, I can still recall our moments together after sunday mass whenever I make this dish....I have modified the recipe and have added different thing to it.   Last night I added strips of young coconut to this recipei and it turned out amazing.   Oh! Thought i share a picture.  
Miss you mamang...




No comments:

Post a Comment